Somis Market
I have
lived in Somis for 22 years. If you have ever visited Somis, you know that
there is only one market. In Somis Market they sale everything a typical
markets has, but what they also have is a tiny restaurant with great quality
food. The beef and chicken tacos are to die for. They add some special homemade
sauce, which tastes really good and they also add lettuce, cilantro, onions,
and tomatoes, but I usually have them plain because I don’t like the veggies.
Also, Somis Market has a variety of Mexican Dishes such as, enchiliadas, chile
rellenos, posoloe, flautas, hard shell tacos, and burritos and everything comes
with a side of rice and beans. During lunch time the small restaurant is always
very busy, since a lot of people enjoy their dishes. Many people travel from
far just to have a great quality lunch, since everything tastes homemade. If I
were to ever move away from Somis, I know I would miss the market the most.
Last year there were rumors that the market was going out of business, so
everyone in town panicked and rushed to the market to buy their last tacos, and
of course I was one of them and bought 24 tacos. Later to find out that it was
just a rumor and I had enough tacos to last for about three days for my work
lunch. I think everyone should drive by and at least buy their delicious tacos.
Believe me you would not regret it. Somis Market has great quality Mexican food
and it has been around for many years, so if they continue to stay in business
is because of their great tacos. I have been going to Somis Market since I was
5 years old, and I will continue to go as long as it exists.
i use to go there all the time when i played baseball around the corner
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI have a coworker that tells me how good their food is there. Being that I grew up in Oxnard, I am pretty picky when it comes to eating Mexican food. I want to try it.
ReplyDeleteYou know it's a good mexican joint when it's a market and a food restaurant.
ReplyDeleteI have to go try it one day.
ReplyDeleteWell i am mexican and i do love mexican food i think i will try it out sometime.
ReplyDelete