Sunday, March 31, 2013

School (THE STRUGGLE)


My truth #5

I work as a Medical Assistant for a Podiatrist.

 

This semester I’m taking four classes, which I find it very difficult to keep up with all four. I work full time and I don’t have time to do homework or study for a test or quiz. I think I made a mistake on taking four classes but I thought I was going to handle it. What makes it really hard is that my weekends consist of only homework and I don’t have a social life. My family complains that I don’t spend quality time with them, but what they don’t understand is that I work full time Monday-Friday from 9Am-6PM and attend College Monday-Thursday from 7PM-9:50 PM. Also, I feel like I’m slacking off at work too much due to always being tired. There have been occasions in which I will go to bed at 2AM trying to finish essays for my English class. This has been a really tough semester, but I’m glad that it’s almost over. The reason why I took so many classes was because I wanted to finish school faster, and I actually thought I was capable of handling four classes. What sucks is that I don’t even have time to do laundry, watch TV, or to attend the Gym. I leave my house at 8:45 AM and don’t get home until 10:00 pm. Also, I feel like I’m lacking sleep. One of my goals this semester was to get straight A’s, but with four classes I hardly even have time to breath.

What keeps me motivated is when I think about my future. My goal is to finish school soon and continue a career in the Medical Field. I know I’m struggling now but I know that all my struggles will soon pay off. I’m planning on continuing school full time next semester. I feel like I’m over working myself, which is making me age faster, but I want to finish school soon.

11 comments:

  1. it will pay off in the end! im hoping for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it seems like you really work a lot!In the end you will look back and feel good for all the things you have accomplished this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've taken full time semesters in the past while working part time and thought that was hard. I can only imagine how overwhelmed you feel with your schedule considering you're working full time. I agree with you in regards to all your struggles eventually paying off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine taking four classes on top of working full time. That's way too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it will all be worth it in the end. keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Working full time and four classes sounds really hard but I am sure you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how hard that can be! You need to make sure you find time for yourself or else you will exhaust yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing a great job.. Everything will pay off eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep it up it sounds like your goal orientated. I work full-time also but my hours are horrible for school. I go in at 430am in Santa Barbara and my classes scattered throughout the night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in the same boat. It really makes it hard to go out and do things but once it is all done it will be really nice to relax and just worry about work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep it up sounds like you want to reach your goals.

    ReplyDelete