As a child, my parents always
taught me that family comes first. I always agreed with them because my family
was always there for me so I promised to always be there for them. I grew up in a family of six, which included
my mother, my father, and my three sisters. We were always so happy and loving
towards each other. We were a family that everyone admired for our honesty,
respect, and love towards each other. I can still remember my sisters and me
playing outdoors with my mother while my father was at work. We were always so
happy and loyal towards each other, but that didn’t last long. On the winter of
2001 my mother’s youngest brother was involved in a car accident and died
instantly on the scene. My mother was devastated. She cried herself to sleep for
an entire month. Without realizing my mother soon fell into depression. She
wouldn’t eat, laugh, or even bond with us anymore. I was so young at the time
that I couldn’t understand why our family was slowly drifting apart. Her
depression followed with anger. She was no longer that nice mother I once knew.
She had slowly become a monster. My father turned to drinking to cope with the
stress of knowing that our beautiful family was slowly drifting apart.
Even though many years have passed,
my family is still not as close as it used to be. My two younger sisters are
not loving, caring, or respectful towards my parents. Today I’m 22 years old
and I finally decided to move out of my parent’s house, because all the drama
and stress they were getting me involved in was not easy for me to handle.
Whenever I go over to my parent’s house all I can hear is loud yelling and
people arguing back and forth over nonsense. To this point I still don’t
understand how such a happy family can slowly drift apart because of a traumatic
situation that happens within the family. I don’t know, or seem to understand
why after many years my family has not gone back to being happy and loving.
Even though my family and I have gone through a lot, I still love them and I’m
always there for them because that’s how my parents once brought me up. That’s
how they raised me, so no matter how rude or disrespectful they might be
towards me I will always love them.
i agree with you regardless of the fight and all the arguing we should still be there for them when they need us.
ReplyDelete