Sunday, January 20, 2013

Past, Present, and Future


                Even though many years have passed, I can still remember my childhood like if it was yesterday. When I was a couple months old we went to live in a small ranch in Somis. In that small ranch is where all my past childhood memories are. I never had neighbors or any kids to play with that were my age. I can only remember having my older sister to play with. Later my two younger sisters were born. I attended a small School a few minutes away from my home from Kindergarten all the way to 8th grade. After graduating from 8th grade, I attended Camarillo High School. By the time I was done with high school, I had got a job at Fed Ex where I worked for almost two years. I then quit my job at Fed Ex after realizing that I didn’t have a successful future working in a warehouse. I knew then that in order to have a better future I had to return to school. I had always hated school and wanted a fast career, so I then began attending Medical Career Services to become a Medical Assistant.

                Today I am 22 years old and I still live in that small ranch in Somis with my family. I have a wonderful boyfriend that I appreciate for always being there for me. Also, I am working full time as Medical Assistant for a Podiatrist. Even though I love working as a Medical Assistant, I have returned to college for an even better future. It is my second semester as a full time student at Oxnard College. Sometimes it gets very difficult for me since my job does not work with my school schedule, yet I don’t let my job interfere with my goals. To this point, every morning I wake up very proud of myself for all that I have accomplished and for never giving up or settling for less.

                Although I have many plans for my future, I am still indecisive on which career to pursue. I know that I want to continue working in the medical field but I’m still not sure if to either become a Registered Nurse or Radiology Tech. In my future I can see myself happily married with three kids and a great career. All I want is for my kids to have everything I didn’t have as a child due to financial issues. I know life is not perfect and maybe everything will not happen like I plan, but for now I will continue to fight with life’s obstacles and I will never give up on my dreams. 

               

8 comments:

  1. Hello Stephanie,

    I wish you the best and hope you accomplish your goal of either becoming an RN or Radiology tech. Depending on what school you go too I might see you their =) goodluck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you the best in your future and hope you conquer all your dreams!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Stephanie,
    We share a similar story, I too held a job for long period of time.I wish you the best in your journey in pursuing you dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you the best for you stephanie and complete your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to live in a ranch but i don't know about not having any neighbors! Best of luck on reaching your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Stephanie,
    I also lived in a Ranch for a few months and it was really peaceful. I wish you the best in your journey and hope you reach all your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good that you have decided to go back to school. Keep working hard to accomplish your goals, the sky is the limit. Best of luck reaching your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep up the good work. And glad to hear that you have a wonderful person to be your back bone.

    ReplyDelete